Significant question arises as to the degree to which Barack Hussein Obama is really American, unAmerican, or actually anti-American. Spurring this concern:
- Lack of proof of U.S. citizenship--the State of Hawaii may have just announced that his birth certficate is in order there, but this raises two important questions: why wait until a few days before the election to say so? where is the photocopied proof? If he took Indonesian citizenship for his long years of residence there he forewent U.S. citizenship by U.S. law. Was he repatriated? When and where?
- His name is certainly not mainstream American, and it includes the name of a man we've fought militarily twice, one who was demonized long before we captured him and put him on trial (leading to his execution).
- Promoting the Marxist doctrine of "share the wealth". Nothing seems more anti-American to most Americans than Marxism, an ideology this country has fiercely fought for more than a century.
- Associations and affiliations with vociferous anti-Americans who haved preached the violent overthrow of our country. The Most Reverend Jeremiah 'Not God Bless America, God Damn America, God Damn America!!' Wright, in whose pew Mr. Obama sat for 500 sermons without uttering a single complaint. Black Americans seem more concerned about how quickly he dropped the church, not the preacher, after twenty years of supporting him--all for political expediency. And Phil Ayers is even worse.
- As the first black American to win his party's nomination for president, his black experience has little in common with that of the main body of black America: no member of his family was ever enslaved here; his father, from whom he receives his black blood, was Kenyan and returned there when done his siring and education here (his father's siblings appear to be in the U.S. illegally); he was not raised in any sort of black ghetto in the States, but was raised overseas by a white mother. (Ironically, the most American part about him is his white Kansas stock.)
- He seems to be the rest of the world's candidate for U.S. president, and they seem to be sponsoring him financially. Given the enormity of his campaign chest, double what Bush took in for 2004 and roughly double what his opponent has taken in this year, perhaps half of his funding comes from outside the U.S. What does that mean if he's elected? Whose interests will he serve? Many of these countries whose people support him energetically are strongly opposed to the U.S. government. Will he be beholden to these anti-American forces who actually put him in the White House?
Many Americans seem justly concerned about his agenda. Is it anti-American in essence? Why would his wife say she's only now proud of her country, now that she sees we going to allow her husband to overthrow it?