Is the story a . .
- metaphor, a model of some aspect of human behavior?
- thought machine, by which we test out our ideas and feelings about some human quality and try
to learn more about it?
Does the story . .
- make you feel you've been through a satisfying, complete experience, that you've learned
something about life or about yourself?
- deal with the child-like universal questions:
- who am I?
- where did I come from?
- where will I go when I die?
- what is good and what is evil?
- what must I do about it?
- what will tomorrow be like?
- where did yesterday go?
- is there anybody else out there?