Are the characters drawn from the ancient patterns of personality that are the shared heritage of
the human race, i.e., the archetypes . .
- threshold guardian
- shadow, and
Does each character have a . .
- psychological and
- dramatic function in the story?
Does the hero grow and change, making a journey from one way of being to the next, from . . .
- despair to hope
- weakness to strength
- folly to wisdom
- love to hate, and
- back again?
Do the characters develop gradually through an arc, tied to the pattern of the hero's journey,
that includes . .
- limited awareness of a problem
- increased awareness
- reluctance to change
- overcoming reluctance
- committing to change
- experimenting with first change
- preparing for big change
- attempting big change
- consequences of the attempt (improvements and setbacks)
- rededication to change
- a final attempt at big change, and final mastery of the problem?